VGM Container Weighing
Get an instant VGM certificate with our fast and convenient mobile container weighing service.
On 1 July 2016, new SOLAS weighing requirements for shipping containers came into effect. All containers for export from New Zealand must now have a verified container weight (Verified Gross Mass or VGM) before they can be loaded on a ship.
Container weighing is now easier than ever
Our mobile container weighing service comes to you for a fast, efficient and convenient way to meet your VGM obligations. Using portable container scales, we weigh your container on site – anytime, anywhere – and immediately email your VGM certificate to you. The whole container weighing process could take less than five minutes, so your cargo can be on its way without delay.
Why use our mobile container weighing service?
- Cost-effective way to meet SOLAS weighing requirements
- Quick and convenient weighing of grounded containers on-site
- Avoid costs and delays of sending containers to a weighbridge
- Eliminate the inefficiency of weighing every cargo item
- No need to buy or maintain expensive certified scales
- Instant VGM for immediate forwarding to the shipping line
- Fast and simple booking by email or phone
Cargo Plus provides end-to-end container solutions
Container weighing is just one of the complete range of container solutions Cargo Plus provides. We can transport your containers to the ports with our extensive swinglift fleet, as well as providing secure container storage and vanning/devanning services at our MPI and Customs approved facility, in Wiri Manukau.
Book a VGM container weight check
Simply email us using the form below to book a mobile container weighing service today. You can also phone us on 09 275 9830 for more information, or to open an account.